COMMITMENT TO ACCOUNTABLE PRIVACY PRACTICES
Our visitors and customers have different privacy concerns. This policy provides a snapshot of our personal information practices so that you may easily understand what information we collect and why, as well as how to access and update or correct your personal information. If you are interested, drop down menus contain more information.
We may change this policy from time to time. If you continue to use our products and services after we make changes, you are consenting to the updated policy. If the changes are significant, we will provide you with a notice and archive prior versions.
In this policy, customized experience means content, recommendations, advertising, and offers (including from selected third party sponsors or advertisers) that may be personalized or tailored to your interests. Our products and services include anything you purchase, register for, use or attend such as contests, newsletters, auctions, advertising, events, commenting functions, and services provided through our websites and future applications. We may refer to our websites and applications as our digital properties.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://ikps.ca.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS POLICY?
Information that is not personally identifiable, such as anonymous or de-identified information and aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about our customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website, may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
Any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation, including permitted uses of business contact information (including the name, title, business and email address and telephone number of an employee of an organization) and publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COVERED BY THIS POLICY?
Registering for Services
We collect personal information you provide directly to us when you purchase our products, register for, use or attend our services, donate to our charities or fill out our surveys. We collect information we get from third parties or from you when you visit us, call us or you use our services. Unless the information collected or compiled is sensitive in nature, we assume your consent for all purposes set out in this policy.
Social media identifiers (such as single sign on through Facebook, Google or other social media accounts) and other information you share with us or make public via your social networking platform. You may control what information you share though the social networking sites’ privacy settings.
- verify your identity when you use social login so that you may access your account and use our services.
- provide a customized experience
- develop better products and services
Subscriber id and passwords
- verify your identity so that you may access your account and use services.
Credit card, PayPal or banking information and transaction ID
- to complete a sale or donation
- to process refunds and apply credit
- to track your purchase history in PayPal or other payment processor
Audio or video recordings should you call us or visit our offices or events
- to create a record of our interaction
- for security, training and quality assurance purposes
Usage data, including content and advertisements viewed on our digital properties, search history, content you share, products and services you download, purchase or subscribe for, language preference, transaction history, time spent and other digital information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies.
Currently, we do notshare your personal information within the IKPS or with our charities and affiliates. Personal information is not shared unless:
- You have consented.
- We are permitted or required to do so by law.
- We have engaged an authorized service provider to carry out services on our behalf. Personal information may be transferred outside of your province and/or outside of Canada for processing or storage.
We limit access to any personal information we collect to ensure it’s secure, as well as limit how much you need to provide to us directly. Measures takenmay include:
- Limiting the number of people who view or process personal information
- Using appropriate methods to secure electronic files, including computer passwords, firewalls and encryption.
Once we no longer require your personal information for purposes you have consented to, we securely dispose of it.
You may access and update your personal information and use of products and services provided by the IKPS Group by:
- updating your account information for the relevant product or service;
- updating your preferences if a customer preference option is provided by the relevant product or service;
- Google Analytics: you may opt-out of data analytics services provided by Google by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page and installing the add-on for your browser;
- Offers and advertising: you may opt-out of direct offers and advertisements by following the instructions at the bottom of the email or speaking with any telemarketer;
- You may opt-out of online behavioural advertising where applicable by clicking the icon on ads appearing on our websites or by visiting http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ and https://networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options.
If you have questions or concerns that have not been addressed here to your satisfaction, you may contact data policy admin services at the IKPS.